Aaron Gordon wowed fans at Day 1 of the Les Schwab Hoops Invitational in 2012 at Liberty High School (Hillsboro, Oregon) with 43 points and 12 Dunks!
Do you love some hoops? Well here at NWPR so do we and this time of the year we add Basketball to our vigil here looking for top NW Talent. Girls and boys both will come into view but during the Holiday Season the Les Schwab Invitational take over the media scene in the Pacific Northwest. And boy what a tournament they have going this season.
Now with 32 teams battling it out there is only one way your going to be able to keep up on all the action. That is to visit the Home Page of the Les Schwab Invitational Tournament.
Now in Day One of 2012 there were some great performances. None better then that of Aaron Gordon of Archbishop Mitty of San Jose, California who beat Southridge in a fairly close game. The kid went off for 43 points and we counted 11 or 12 Dunks and some were amazing. Gordon may be one of the top 5 Players in the Nation at his position.
Here are some amazing pics we grabbed of Gordon and others in Day 1 out at the LSI Tourney.
Top Performers from Day 1:
Aaron Gordon Arch Bishop Mitty - 43 Points in an 80-70 Win over Southridge
Silas Melson- 34 Points for Jefferson High
Calvin Hermanson- Lake Oswego 20 Points
Austin Dyer- Central Catholic 19 Points in and 84-67 Win over Jefferson.
Tanner Morgan- Sprague 19 Points in 78-59 loss to West Linn
Ryan Shearmire West Linn- 27 Points on Win over Sprague
Anthony Mathis - West Linn 25 Points
Khyan Rayner - Jesuit 27 Points - Win over Sheldon
Kris Jenkins- Gonzaga College HS- 21 Points in 90-51 Win over Clackamas
Isiah Smith- Columbia River - 36 Points in a 58-47 Loss to Century
Evan Garrison- Tigard- 20 Points in an 87-58 loss to Neuman-Goretti
Ja'Quan Newton- 27 Points Neuman-Goretti
More Action for Day two is coming soon!
About the AuthorDirk Knudsen
Dirk is a lifelong resident of the Pacific NW; athlete and Merit scholar. He runs camps, clinics, and has been a sports writer and analyst for nearly a decade now; mostly with Rivals.com as the editor of OregonPreps and WashingtonPreps.com. Dirk is the founder of NWPR & BrainChampions.org; a charity for injured athletes suffering from Brain Trauma / Concussion. He is a father of three and married.
- If your a linemen or the parent or coach of one you may have heard about the Trench Camp in the Summer of 2012. ...
- The Boys of Fall come and go every year. We follow them as they rise and we watch them leave for college every year....
- We loved this guy at camps and clinics we attended the past two seasons because his hands, size, and speed all added up to collegiate...
- The Holiday Classic the Tanoa Bowl is back this Holiday Season as 4 teams from around the West have been organized to have a rematch...
- In some breaking news tonight we are pleased to announce that one of our favorite kids in the NW is committing verbally tonight to Idaho....
- We were back on the recruiting trail heavy this week as Christmas creeps closer and closer. Some more good news from around the...
- Santiam Christian is a very successful school academically and athletically. And fans and coaches that follow 3 A football know who Grant Schroeder is....
- Marcus Griffin is going to be a monster next season and a force to be reckoned with. Things so far are right o track...