We had a little movement in week one for the Top 10 as some teams dropped out and some moved up. It is way to early to put any real stock in who is going to go th distance but still if we didn't do it we would not be doing our job. Having said that here is a look at the week past and the week ahead for Oregon's premier teams in the 6A big school division.
1. JESUIT (1-0)- Right now these kids are in a class of there own.. Junior Eric Williams could be a special QB before all is said and done. Jordan Talley ran for 195 yds and a score and Junior Nick Rothstein showed why he is considered a Division 1 talent. Super sophomore Doug Brenner has the potential to be one of the best players in Oregon and beyond. It should be a good year for the Nationally ranked Crusaders.
W 34-14 over Canby.. Next vs #10 Tigard (1-0)
2. LAKE OSWEGO (1-0)- Oregon bound senior Tyson Coleman returned to his old form rushing for 165 yards on 19 carries and 2 Td's. Central Catholic had the lead at half but the loss of 2 Qb's really hurt. LO has the athletes to beat anyone, but can they put it together come playoff time? They quite possibly play the toughest schedule in the state.
W 38-19 over Central Catholic..Next vs #13 Westview (1-0)
3. ALOHA (1-0)- Sophomore Thomas Tyner ran for 209 yards and 2 Td's on 12 carries. Not a bad debut for one of the fastest backs in the country. After 2 1/2 decades in the Metro League cellar Aloha has all the potential in the world. Oregon bound lineman James Euscher is leading the line and all state athlete Troy Cardona broke off 61 yard Td to put Lincoln away in the third quarter 24-0.
W 24-14 @ Lincoln..Next @ #7 Tualatin (1-0)
4. SHELDON (1-0)- Never sleep on Marty Johnson. The Irish lost a once and a lifetime class and proceeded to beat one of the better teams in the state in West Salem. Junior Dillon Miller, son of former NFL QB Chris Miller, started his career off with a bang. He was 35 of 48 for 373 yards and 4 Touchdowns.. 3 of those Td's went to Junior Dontee Prevost who looks like he will be one of the better young WR's in the state.
W 34-27 over West Salem.. Next @ #9 Hillsboro (1-0)
5. WEST LINN (1-0)- One of the deepest teams in the state had an average day on offense, and showed off there stingy defense.. Senior Connor Kelley started his first game back at QB after a 1st team all league season at WR in 09'...Highly touted Running back Keaton Hedman had a 40+ yard TD run and the Lions managed to keep silky smooth Mckay QB Ian Silbernagel out of the end zone.
W 20-0 over Mckay.. Next @ Centennial (1-0)
6. WEST SALEM (0-1)- Coach Shawn Stanley will have his team prepared and the Titans will be okay. It was a back and forth battle that ended in a tough 34-27 loss to the reigning State Champion Sheldon Irish. The state's top QB recruit Bret Smith was 13 for 26 for 231 yards and 2 Td's; He also rushed for 88 yards and 2 more scores.
L 34-27 @Sheldon.. Next vs S.Eugene (0-1)
7. TUALATIN (1-0)- Matt Yarbrough is as good as advertised. The senior QB ended up rushing for 2 scores and throwing for another..The Timberwolves put Grants Pass away early and led 42-0 before 2 late 4th quarter scores by the Cavemen.. The Pacific conference favorites will be tested next week as they play #3 Aloha.
W 42-14 @Grants Pass..Next vs #3 Aloha (1-0)
8. SOUTH MEDFORD (1-0)- Here is a team to keep an eye on. The Panthers blasted a highly regraded South Salem team with some new faces. Junior Running back Kevin Gilmore had his coming out party as he rushed for 3 td's in the first half. The 5-10 235 pound freight train gives Junior Quarterback Jack Singler a consistent option coming out of the backfield. WR/S Josh Havird is the team leader, and should be considered the favorite for Southern Oregon Conference Player of the Year.
W 35-14 over South Salem..Next @ Beaverton (0-1)
9. HILLSBORO (1-0)- The Spartans proved they are a pretty good team even without All American Colt Lyerla. The 5A State Champions from a year ago dominated what was thought to be an improved Liberty squad. Senior QB Tyson Fernstrom threw for 3 Td's and ran for another, and Senior RB Mikey Rodreiguez ran for 2 Td's including a 70 yarder...Fernstrom is back after to lead after earning All league honors at WR/DB a year ago.
W 55-14 @ Liberty..Next vs #4 Sheldon (1-0)
10. TIGARD (1-0)- Had a tough time putting away a young and unexperienced Beaverton team. The Tigers squeaked out a 24-17 overtime victory after dominating most of the game. Michael Flannigan was the only athlete in the state to be named first team all league at three different positions. Beau Hansen was all league on both sides of the ball RB/LB. The Tigers look light on the line and will have to maximize the efforts of the perimeter kids.
W 24-17 OT over Beaverton..Next @ #1 Jesuit (1-0)
Click Click Click Here to view this Link. Here to view this Link.Here to view this Link. Be sure to check out the FREE Northwest
Prep Report Magazine and the Northwest
Rivals Sites on Facebook and Twitter.