At 6'5" and 230 pounds the phenom Colt Lyerla left his mark on the City of Hillsboro and the Oregon High School Football record books. This young man did it all during his career and we recognize him today through the Alumni Chronicles!
It has only been a season and a half since Colt Lyerla often called "Supahman" left the fields of Friday Night for the Oregon Ducks. While the True Freshmen and 5 Star athlete from Hillsboro, Oregon was used sparingly at the Tight End spot he was used enough to showcase what the years to come promise to bring.
Lyerla, the #1 rated Outside Linebacker in the Nation in 2011, chose Oregon over USC and a myriad of other schools. There was a number of reasons for that and it is clear he struggled right down to the day he stepped onto the Ducks campus as to whether or not his decision to pursue the Tight End spot was the right one.
However now that All Pac 12 Tight End David Paulson is gone it appears Colt is the guy for the Ducks in the 2012 Campaign. His stats were notable in 2011.
Colt caught 7 passes for 147 yards. He averaged 21 yards per catch,
Five of the Seven passes he took for Touch Downs. So Duck Fans are excited as they well should be.
Here at NWPR and our Rivals.com sites we take pride in our boys and more then anyone track their efforts on and off the field. In a continuing series we are doing that we call The Alumni Chronicles we will bring you flashbacks of great kids and great efforts to forever preserve the snapshot in time from their Friday Night accomplishments.
Thanks to our pals atBlueChipSportsVideo.comand their Editor Glenn Lewis we have for you an epic look back at Colt Lyerla who we believe to be a Top 5 Impact High School Player of the Century for Oregon High School Football. Join NorthwestPrepReport on FacebookandBlueChipLive on Facebookas we bring you the Alumni Chronicles all year.
Now enjoy the best of Colt Lyerla; Hillsboro High School Spartan.
About the AuthorDirk Knudsen
Dirk is a lifelong resident of the Pacific NW; athlete and Merit scholar. He runs camps, clinics, and has been a sports writer and analyst for nearly a decade now; mostly with Rivals.com as the editor of OregonPreps and WashingtonPreps.com. Dirk is the founder of NWPR & BrainChampions.org; a charity for injured athletes suffering from Brain Trauma / Concussion. He is a father of three and married.
- Kahlil Dawson of Graham - Kapowsin HS in Washington just called to let us know that he has committed to Portland State University. Dawson...
- His name is Justin Outslay and we have covered him before. He is on the NWPR OregonPreps.com 2013 Top Prospects List and showed why...
- More stories will come out now as our 3 day start to finish coveragr came to an end just now. One of the first...
- Tyler Deskins of Kentlake is having a great off season and is one of several big kids we have had a chance to enjoy the...
- Day 1 at the Trench Camp in Portland, Oregon is in the books. And as a camp expert having hit hundreds of events...